Breakfast & Dinner
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro is situated in 10 acres of private land just outside the town of Dunblane. The grand Victorian building contrasts with the hotel’s stylish interiors and luxurious amenities including a health and leisure club and restaurant owned by celebrity chef Nick Nairn.You’ll be welcomed on arrival by a warm chocolate chip cookie - the first of many special touches to this welcoming hotel.
With views overlooking the quaint town of Dunblane, the hotel is surrounded by Perthshire countryside. Although located close to the historic city of Stirling, and within an hour’s drive of Glasgow and Edinburgh, the hotel’s location and the town of Dunblane itself still retain a secluded feel, accentuated by the surrounding views of historic buildings and rolling hills.
Within the hotel, guests receive complimentary access to the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club, equipped with a 17 metre indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness centre and spa that offers various treatments.
The real star of the show is the hotel’s restaurant, The Kailyard by Nick Nairn, which as the name suggests, is the creation of the Michelin Star awarded celebrity chef Nick Nairn. Tuck into well executed dishes made with locally sourced ingredients in a stylish restaurant with views of the hotel’s landscaped gardens.
Where is DoubleTree by Dunblane Hydro?
Perth Road, Dunblane, Scotland, FK15 0HG
The hotel is situated just off the M9/M80. From Glasgow, follow signs to Stirling (M80), merge with the M9 at Stirling and leave at junction 11 for Dunblane. Drive for half a mile on the dual carriageway, go straight over the next two roundabouts and DoubleTree by Dunblane Hydro hotel is 200 yards on the right hand side. From Edinburgh, take the M8 to Newbridge interchange, follow signposts for M9 (Stirling) and continue on the M9. Take Junction 11 for Dunblane and drive for half a mile on the dual carriageway, go straight over the next two roundabouts and the hotel is 200 yards on the right.
What’s worth visiting in Dunblane?
- Wallace Monument – Whether you go for the scenery or the history, the Wallace Monument is an iconic Scottish landmark that is not to be missed. Strikingly beautiful, it sits above the surrounding hills and countryside with spectacular views across the Pentland Hills, Fife, and The Firth of Forth. The building celebrates the life of William Wallace, the Scottish patriot who triumphed over King Edward's army at The Battle of Stirling Bridge.
- Blair Drummond Safari & Adventure Park - Just 15 minutes from the hotel, this family favourite is the only place in Scotland that you can see giraffes and elephants. With a variety of attractions for different age groups, it is guaranteed to keep all the children entertained.
- Leighton Library – Visit the oldest private library in Scotland that dates back to 1687. The library now houses around 4,500 volumes, printed in 89 languages, some of which are centuries old.
- Andy Murray’s Gold Post Box – Take a wander around the town of Dunblane and make a photo-stop at the post box that was painted golf in honour of Dunblane’s very own Andy Murray's victory over Roger Federer in the London 2012 Olympics final.
What is there to do at the hotel?
Along with a state of the art fitness centre, that includes cardio and weights equipment, the hotel’s Livingwell Health Centre has a 17 metre indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi as well as a spa that offers a choice of facials, body treatments, massages and complementary therapies.
What is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Kailyard by Nick Nairn’s menu is brimming with gourmet dishes curated by the celebrity chef. Expect beautifully presented cuisine using local produce in stylish surroundings.
Guests can also sip martinis along with a variety of other cocktails and drinks in the hotel’s traditionally decorated Wallace and Stuart’s Lounges. The Stuart Lounge also serves afternoon tea that goes perfectly with a glass of chilled Prosecco.
Breakfast: 07:00- 10:00 (Mon-Fri) 07:00-11:00 (Sat-Sun)
Lunch: 12:30-14:30 (Sun only)
Features at a glance
- Luxury four-star hotel in central Scotland
- Beautiful Victorian building
- Stylish guestrooms and suites
- Dine in The Kailyard by Nick Nairn Restaurant
- Two traditionally decorated lounges and cocktail bars
- Livingwell Health Centre with pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi
- Fully-equipped gym
- Tranquil spa treatment rooms
- Situated just outside Dunblane
- Ideal for romantic breaks and special occasions
- Dog friendly hotel
- Free guest car parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in 16:00, check out by 12:00
- Small dogs are welcome in the hotel for just £20 per dog per night.
- Disabled access rooms are available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for family rooms or suites, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“Surrounded by some of Scotland’s most spectacular scenery, DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro, is a great hotel for a romantic break away. With a fantastic Health Club and wonderful gourmet restaurant, as well as all the nearby attractions and activities, this makes for a great break for couples looking for a bit of luxury."