New Year Offer
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Breakfast & Dinner
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine
The Killearn Hotel is a traditional coaching inn, with a fantastic location in one of Scotland’s most beautiful areas. With Loch Lomond to the west, the Trossachs to the east and both Stirling and Glasgow within easy reach, this hotel offers an excellent setting for a range of breaks – from golf breaks and walking breaks to quiet weekend escapes and outdoor activity holidays.
Loch Lomond is popular with visitors, not only for its stunning natural beauty, but also for the wide array of outdoor activities it offers – from fishing and gentle boat trips to more active pursuits, like canoeing or windsurfing. The area is popular for walking holidays too, as it includes 21 different Munros for the serious climbers, as well as the Queen Elizabeth Forest and many other trails and paths. The route of the West Highland Way passes nearby – and The Killearn Hotel can offer an excellent stopping-off point, not to mention a well-deserved meal and drink at the end of a long day’s walk.
For more relaxed pursuits, the hotel is well situated for exploring cultural and historical attractions. The city of Glasgow offers a wealth of art galleries, some of the best shopping in Scotland and a vibrant nightlife, with a huge variety of bars and restaurants. Stirling is also within easy reach, with its castle and the Wallace monument both well worth visiting.
At the Killearn Hotel, you’ll find traditional Scottish hospitality, with guest accommodation that’s well appointed and comfortable. The public areas include a garden for the warmer days and comfortable bar and lounge areas with open fires when you’d prefer to get cosy. The Black Bull Restaurant offers an extensive menu, ideal for refuelling after a busy day exploring the area. And with a central location that's both peaceful and convenient, this is an excellent base for making the most of breaks in Scotland.
Where is The Killearn Hotel?
2 The Square
The village of Killearn is a few miles south of Drymen – which is on the A811 running between Stirling and Balloch, on Loch Lomond. The nearest railway station is in Balloch, where there are regular services to Glasgow – and the nearest airport is Glasgow Airport, around 20 miles away.
What’s worth visiting in Stirlingshire?
- Stirling Castle – One of Scotland’s great castles, Stirling Castle is perched above the city, not only offering a fascinating glimpse into the past, but a great view over the valley too.
- Wallace Monument – Near the site of the 1297 battle of Stirling Bridge, the distinctive Wallace monument was built in 1835 as a tribute to one of Scotland’s great heroes, William Wallace.
- Golf – The region around Loch Lomond and the Trossachs is home to a wide range of excellent courses, with dozens to visit within an hour’s drive of the hotel.
- Blair Drummond Safari Park – Go wild with the ultimate safari experience – and pay a visit to lions, tigers, elephants and many more.
- Loch Lomond Food Festival: September – Local producers, chefs and hordes of hungry visitors all gather in Balloch, on the shores of stunning Loch Lomond, to celebrate the best of Scottish food.
- Highland Games: May-August – There is a busy programme of Highland Games across Scotland, with major events within driving distance, including Stirling and Lochearnhead.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Black Bull Bar & Restaurant offers both a bright and spacious conservatory restaurant, and a cosier bar and bistro-style dining area, with an open fire for the colder months. Either way, you’ll enjoy a wide selection of traditional Scottish dishes on an extensive dinner menu, as well as a hearty breakfast selection that goes beyond the standard full Scottish, offering smoked haddock and traditional porridge too.
The busy lounge bar area is friendly and welcoming, with comfy seats for enjoying a drink by the open fire, while there’s an excellent beer garden that’s perfect for a drink or a quick bite from the bar menu while the sun shines.
Breakfast: 8am – 9.30am (8.30am – 10am Saturday & Sunday)
Bar & Restaurant: 12noon – 9pm (last food orders)
Features at a glance
- Small traditional coaching inn
- Excellent location close to Loch Lomond and the Trossachs
- Ideal for golf breaks and walking holidays
- Confortable standard and superior guest rooms
- Black Bull Restaurant serving Scottish cuisine
- Light conservatory dining area
- Comfortable lounge bar with period features
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dog-friendly hotel
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
- If you’re looking for family rooms, please contact our booking team for details and availability.
- Dogs are welcome at the hotel - £10 per dog per night
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“This hotel is popular with our customers, perhaps because it offers great value and a good standard of accommodation in an exceptional location in the very heart of Scotland. Nestled between the stunning area around Loch Lomond and the equally picturesque Trossachs, the village of Killearn is a beautiful little place to get away from it all. If you’re looking for peace and quiet on a traditional Scottish break, this is a cracking spot.”