Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Dinner On Two Nights
Breakfast & Dinner on 2 Nights
Anytime Bed and Breakfast
Anytime Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
The Colessio is a luxury boutique hotel with a prime location just above the heart of Stirling. It is a beautiful hotel which provides an indulgent base for exploring central Scotland and a fantastic destination for romantic weekends and special celebrations.
The building is a grand Victorian mansion, brought to life with a major redecoration and refurbishment to mix stunning design with its classic period features. The elegant décor runs throughout the public areas of the hotel, including the amazing Grill Room restaurant and the Cocktail & Piano Bar, and into every one of the plush guest rooms – to produce one of the finest hotels in central Scotland.
Stirling is a small, but bustling city, full of history and culture – as well as some busy nightspots. The city’s castle is just a short walk from the hotel, and offers a fantastic experience for anyone interested in Scotland’s history. In the centre of the city, there is an excellent selection of shops, including a major retail centre that has a good selection of high street names, while a designer outlet village just outside the city offers yet more options for retail therapy.
The city was once known as the gateway to the highlands, as the midpoint between the south and north of the country. It’s as true today – the city acts as a convenient base for seeing the best of the country, whether heading for the sights of Edinburgh or Glasgow, the scenery of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs, or heading north to Perthshire and beyond.
Where is the Hotel Colessio?
33 Spittal Street
The Hotel Colessio is close to the centre of Stirling, around half way between the main shopping area and the castle. It is within easy reach of the M9, which leads to both Edinburgh and Glasgow – and within a ten minute walk of the city’s railway station. The nearest airports are in Edinburgh (30 miles) and Glasgow (35 miles).
What’s worth visiting in Stirling?
- Stirling Castle – One of Scotland’s great castles, Stirling Castle is perched above the city, not only offering a fascinating glimpse into the past, but a great view over the valley too.
- Wallace Monument – Near the site of the 1297 battle of Stirling Bridge, the distinctive Wallace monument was built in 1835 as a tribute to one of Scotland’s great heroes, William Wallace.
- Falkirk Wheel – A modern engineering feat, the wheel does the job of miles of canal locks with a huge lift, linking the Union and Forth & Clyde canals.
- Bannockburn – The battle that inspired ‘Flower of Scotland’ is today remembered in a modern visitor centre, that describes the battle and its background in fascinating detail.
- Spirit of Stirling Whisky Festival: May – A chance to sample over 200 whiskies, with drams from all over Scotland and beyond.
- Stirling Fringe Festival: September – With everything from drama to comedy to live music, this is an eclectic mix of performances with something for everyone.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The hotel’s Grill Room brings the style and class of London and New York grill rooms to Stirling, both with the striking décor of the dining room and with the indulgent and modern take on classic dishes, cooked using the finest local, seasonal produce.
The stylish décor continues in the Cocktail & Piano Bar, where the stunning bar area brings a touch of flair and cutting edge design, and the cocktail menu mixes classic favourites with innovative flavours.
Breakfast: 7am – 10am (7.30am – 10.30am Saturday & Sunday)
Lunch: 12noon – 4.30pm
Dinner: 5.30pm – 9.30pm
Features at a glance
- Stunning boutique hotel
- Ideal for romantic breaks and celebrations
- Striking décor throughout
- Sumptuous guest rooms and suites
- Deluxe Suites and Penthouse with room for children
- Excellent location for visiting Stirling’s attractions
- Beautiful Grill Room restaurant
- Elegant Cocktail & Piano Bar
- Free guest parking
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
- Please contact us to check details and availability of disabled access rooms.
- Dogs are not permitted at the hotel.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“The Hotel Colessio really does let you indulge in a proper boutique experience. A lot of care and attention has gone into turning this grand old building into a stunning hotel, which is clear to see in the gorgeous restaurant and bar, not to mention the rooms themselves. If you can drag yourself away, the city of Stirling has lots to see, including the excellent castle just up the road. The city centre is bustling and full of shops, café’s and bars, but it’s small enough that you don’t need to spend half your time getting about. A perfect destination for luxury breaks in Scotland.”
The hotel reviews contained within this site are solely the opinions of easy-breaks.com customers and do not reflect opinions or positions of easy-breaks.com.