Afternoon Tea Break
Afternoon tea on arrival
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
New Year Break
New Year Offer
With a fabulous location and a lovely selection of rooms to choose from, the King Robert Hotel is an excellent choice for holidays near Stirling. Adjacent to the hotel you'll also find the fascinating National Trust Heritage Centre, which offers plenty of interesting insights into the history of the Battle of Bannockburn and the life and times of Robert the Bruce.
Be sure to take a peaceful stroll through the trees to the rear of the hotel to discover the statue of King Robert the Bruce and look forward to glimpsing unforgettable views of the castle. Be sure to also plan a visit to the National Wallace Monument, an inspiring tower located at the top of Abbey Craig hill and commemorating a 13th century Scottish hero.
Located only a few minutes’ drive from Stirling, you'll find plenty of opportunities for shopping and entertainment nearby. If, on the other hand, you're planning a peaceful break in the countryside, you'll be pleased to know the hotel boasts a tranquil atmosphere and lovely surrounds. You'll also have many great options to choose from when it comes to golf, with the 9 hole Brucefields Family Golf Centre and the Bannockburn Golf Club on the hotel's doorstep as well as the many, scenic courses of Stirling nearby.
When the night draws in, be sure to return to the hotel to enjoy a meal in the convivial atmosphere of Bruce's Bistro, where you'll find a varied menu and many dishes made using locally sourced ingredients. Keep the holiday spirit alive after dinner with a drink or two in the fun and contemporary cocktail bar or look forward to retiring to your well-appointed room for a well-deserved rest.
Where is the King Robert Hotel?
Glasgow Road, Bannockburn, Stirling FK7 OLJ
To reach the King Robert Hotel, take the Stirling exit on the M80 or M9 and then follow the brown tourist sign for the Bannockburn Heritage centre (A872). You'll find the hotel right next door.
What’s worth visiting in Stirling?
- National Trust Heritage Centre – Directly next door to the hotel you'll find this interesting centre, which tells the story of the Battle of Bannockburn and Robert the Bruce.
- The National Wallace Monument – This inspiring landmark commemorates the life of national hero Sir William Wallace and boasts a Hall of Arms inside.
- Stirling Castle – No visit to Stirling would be complete without a trip to the castle, one of the largest and most architecturally significant examples in Scotland.
- Stirling Fringe Festival: September – Get yourself along to a whole host of fantastic, varied events, including music, magic shows and spoken word.
- Spirit of Stirling Whisky Festival: May – Sample limited edition whiskies and acquaint yourself with the finest blends from around Scotland at an annual festival that will give you a real taste of Stirling.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Get your day off to a great start by heading along to the Garden Suite for your breakfast. Then, after your day enjoying the wonders of Bannockburn and Stirling, return to a hearty meal in Bruce's Bistro. Offering a modern and relaxing environment as well as dishes prepared from locally sourced ingredients, it's an excellent choice for lunch or dinner.
There's also much to be enjoyed in the hotel's lively cocktail bar, which boasts a well-stocked gantry of spirits and special whiskies. It's the ideal place for a few drinks in the evening and also a welcoming spot to stop in for a light lunch or snack throughout the day.
Breakfast: 07:30 – 09:00 (Weekdays), 08:00 – 10:00 (Weekends)
Bar Lunch: 12:00 – 21:00
Dinner: 18:00 – 21:00
Features at a glance
- 52 well-appointed rooms to choose from
- 3 bedroom cottage
- Enjoy peaceful surroundings a stone's throw from Stirling
- Dine in Bruce's Bistro
- Breakfast in the fresh Garden Suite
- Private dining service available
- Relax with a hot drink in the lounge
- No pets permitted
- Suitable for the whole family
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel
- Free on-site parking available
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 14:00, check out by 11:00
- There are accessible rooms available for disabled guests – contact us to check details and availability.
- No dogs allowed except guide or hearing dogs.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“Ideal if you'd like all of the fun of a city break in Stirling combined with the peace and wellbeing of a countryside retreat, the King Robert Hotel boasts a beautiful location just a few minutes from the city and welcoming atmosphere. Look forward to getting to know the attractions and historical highlights of Stirling from the comfort of a welcoming and well-appointed hotel. Take part in the many exciting outdoor activities, play a few rounds of golf or simply look forward to walking, dining and relaxing during your break.”