Breakfast & Dinner
Afternoon Tea Break
Afternoon tea on arrival
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Simply Bed and Breakfast
New Year Break
New Year Offer
With a rich history, superb facilities and an excellent location, The Stirling Highland Hotel is simply one of the best-placed and finest four-star hotels in Stirling city centre. Built in the mid-19th century, the building was once a high school and still features the ornate Victorian architecture and original features of the era. The hotel even has its own observatory tower, with a telescope given to the school more than 120 years ago – viewings can be arranged.
However, the hotel offers plenty of modern comforts and conveniences. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, while there’s a pleasant swimming pool, an excellent fitness facility and beauty rooms. It even has a small whisky shop, so you can take a bottle home as a souvenir of your visit.
The hotel enjoys a prime spot in the heart of the city, so it’s not only a few hundred from the castle, but it’s also just a moment’s walk down to the city centre’s shops, bars and restaurants. So you can spend the day exploring the city’s culture and history, before popping back to get ready for a night on the town – perhaps even pausing to make the most of the leisure facilities. However, with an AA Rosette restaurant and a charming, intimate bar on site, you don't need to leave the hotel for a great night’s food and drink.
Outside the city centre, there are plenty of other attractions within a short drive that are well worth seeing, from the battlefield at Bannockburn to the Wallace monument, which is just outside the charming town of Bridge of Allan. The region is also a great choice for golf breaks in Scotland, offering a great variety of golf courses, all within easy reach.
Whether you’re looking for a comfortable setting for romantic weekends, sightseeing holidays, golf breaks or spa breaks, you’ll find four-star luxury, traditional Scottish character and an unrivalled location at the historic Stirling Highland Hotel.
Where is The Stirling Highland Hotel?
Spittal Street, Stirling, FK8 1DU
The Stirling Highland Hotel is in Stirling city centre, within a few minutes’ walk of the castle. Spittal Street is accessible from the A811, while junction 10 of the M9 is around 5 minutes drive away. The city’s railway station is less than half a mile away, and the airports in Edinburgh and Glasgow are around 40-45 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
What’s worth visiting in Stirling?
- Stirling Castle – Perched high over Stirling city centre, the castle is one of the iconic images of Scotland, not only offering a rich history to discover but also a wonderful view to enjoy.
- Blair Drummond Safari Park – A popular family-friendly destination, which is home to a wide variety of amazing wildlife, as well as plenty of fun attractions and amusements.
- Falkirk Wheel – A mechanical innovation that replaces the work of miles upon miles of canal locks, this huge wheel hoists a whole section of water to join the canals reaching from Edinburgh to Glasgow.
- Bannockburn – The site of Scotland’s most famous victory, immortalised in ‘Flower of Scotland’, today offers a visitor centre which brings the full drama of the battle back to life with a series displays.
What is there to do at the hotel?
The hotel boasts an excellent leisure club facility, with a good-sized swimming pool ideal for a quick dip, a whirlpool to lounge in and a sauna where you can let the heat relax and reenergise you. If you enjoy something more active, there’s also a well-stocked gym on site, with all the cardio equipment and weights machines you could need for a good workout.
If you’re looking for the indulgence of spa breaks, the Stirling Highland Hotel can provide. With 5 beautifully appointed treatment rooms, it’s the ideal setting for a touch of pampering – from simple waxing and manicures to facials and full body massages.
In its former life as a high school, an observatory tower was added to the building. Today, more than 120 years later, the telescope remains in good working order. Guests can arrange to have a tour of the observatory and gaze at the night skies.
Anyone looking to take home a souvenir of their stay in Stirling can visit the on-site whisky shop, which offers a wide variety of local whiskies – the perfect taste of Scotland to treasure.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The hotel’s dining options make the most of the building’s past as a high school, with the Scholar’s Restaurant and the Headmaster’s Study bar.
Scholars is an award-winning restaurant, with an AA Rosette standard of dining experience. In keeping with the rest of the hotel, the restaurant’s setting is refined, with period features and traditional furnishings. The menu offers a real taste of Scotland, with seasonal, local ingredients well represented throughout a selection of classic dishes.
The Headmaster’s Study also provides an elegant setting, but one that’s cosy and intimate. With large armchairs and sofas, it’s an ideal place to enjoy a dram of local whisky, an indulgent afternoon tea or some hearty comfort food from the bar menu.
Breakfast: 7am – 10am (7.30am – 10.30am Saturday, 8am – 11am Sunday)
Lunch: Bar menu served from 11am, throughout the afternoon and evening
Dinner: 7pm – 9.30pm (from 6.30pm Friday & Saturday)
Features at a glance
- Four-star hotel in central Stirling
- Victorian building with original features
- Superb city-centre location
- Close to Stirling castle
- Historic observatory tower with working telescope
- On-site whisky shop
- 96 tastefully appointed guest rooms
- Ideal hotel for Stirling city breaks
- AA Rosette-standard Scholars Restaurant
- Headmaster’s Study bar
- 24 hour room service
- Swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool
- Well equipped gym
- Beauty rooms ideal for luxury spa breaks
- Dog-friendly hotel
- Close to Albert Halls venue
- Free guest parking
- Free Wi-Fi
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
- The hotel features a room adapted for disabled guests and several ground-floor rooms – contact us to check details and availability.
- To make a family booking, please get in touch with our customer service team.
- Dogs are welcome at the hotel, charged at £10 per stay.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“The Stirling Highland Hotel is a great option for all sorts of breaks. If you want city breaks, it’s a four-star hotel in Stirling city centre with a perfect spot between the sights and the shops. If you want luxury spa breaks, then you can unwind with the excellent facilities. And if you’re looking for Scottish culture and history, the hotel has its own grand Victorian heritage, while Stirling’s castle is just a stone’s throw away.”