Activity Break - Christmas Crafts
Breakfast & Dinner
Activity Break - Sewing
Breakfast & Dinner
Activity Break - Knitting Break
Patchwork and quilting with an experienced tutor each afternoon and entertainment each evening
Activity Break - Lacemaking
Breakfast & Dinner
Discover a hotel with all of the magic of a Scottish fairy tale when booking a stay at Gartmore House. This lovingly restored country mansion is bursting with character and nestled within 75 acres of private grounds. Guests are encouraged to enjoy a stroll down the hotel's many scenic paths and trails or visit the walled garden.
Perfectly positioned within an hour of both Glasgow and Edinburgh, the Gartmore House Hotel offers a gorgeous countryside retreat within easy driving distance of Scotland's liveliest cities. Head into the capital for a glimpse of great historical attractions or plan a shopping visit to remember in Glasgow. Alternatively, make the most of the hotel's tranquil Stirling location and spend your days exploring the beauty of the Trossachs. Plan a picnic at Loch Lomond, chill out on the pretty banks of the Lake of Menteith or text your climbing skills with a trip up Ben An.
After an adventurous day out, where better to relax than in the hotel's comfortable and fully stocked library. Pick up a tome and choose a plush chair with a lovely view of the terrace and look forward to a tranquil few hours. Or, if you're in the mood for conversation, head along to the Cedar Lounge where you'll find a cosy log fire burning during the winter and brilliant views of 20 miles of countryside (including the Wallace Monument and Lake of Mentieth) on brighter days.
When hunger strikes, you'll find there are two excellent dining rooms to choose from, both boasting lovingly prepared menus bursting with delicious dishes made from locally sourced produce. Allow yourself to be tempted by the selection of homebaking and enjoy lovely views as you dine. At bedtime, you'll be able to retire to your character-filled room – featuring either exquisite period details or fantastic, modern décor – and relax into your comfortable bed.
Where is the Gartmore House Hotel?
Gartmore, Stirling, FK8 3RS
When driving from the south, take the A81 and look for signs on the left. From the north, take M9 towards and leave at Junction 10 to connect to the A84, then A83 and A81. The hotel is located one hour's drive from Edinburgh Airport and 45 minutes from Glasgow Airport and Stirling Railway station is a short drive from Gartmore House.
What’s worth visiting in Stirling?
- Explore the Trossachs– Get to know some of Scotland's most beautiful natural sights with a wander through the Trossachs and a visit to Loch Lomond.
- Stirling Castle – Step into the past with a visit to Stirling Castle, which is much more than just a pretty face, explore exhibitions and watch costumed performers bringing the past to life.
- The National Wallace Monument – This inspiring landmark commemorates the life of national hero Sir William Wallace and boasts a Hall of Arms inside.
- Stirling Fringe Festival: September – A fun, family festival with events to suits all tastes, from music to magic shows as well as spoken word and fun family days.
- Spirit of Stirling Whisky Festival: May – Discover some of the finest blends from around Scotland, sample a few limited edition whiskies or take part in a spirits master class.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
There are two delightful dining rooms to enjoy at Gartmore House. For a grand and elegant atmosphere, take a seat in the impressive Flanders Moss which seats up to 120 people and looks out towards Stirling Castle. For a quieter, more intimate affair, the lovely Terrace View is the perfect choice.
With a menu filled with lovingly cooked dishes, there's sure to be something to tempt all diners. After dinner, take your drink to the lovely Cedar Lounge for a convivial atmosphere and comfortable place to discuss plans for the following day.
Breakfast: 8am – 9.30am
Dinner: 6pm – 8pm
Features at a glance
- 23 en suite mansion house bedrooms and three standard bedrooms
- A stunning 18th century building
- Choose from rooms with period detail or contemporary décor
- Two beautiful dining rooms to enjoy
- Gorgeous location near Loch Lomond
- Activity holidays available
- Relax in the lovely hotel garden and 75 acres of private land
- Great green credentials
- Chill out in the Cedar Lounge or Library
- Free Wi-Fi available throughout
- Free parking available on site
What else do I need to know?
- Check in between 4pm – 10pm, check out between 7am – 10 am
- Accommodation available for disabled guests – contact us to check details and availability.
- Choose from single, double or twin rooms to suit all family arrangements.
- No pets permitted but service dogs are welcomed.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Relax, unwind and let yourself be transported to a place of tranquillity and wonderful natural beauty – book your next Scottish break at the lovely Gartmore House Hotel. A Stirling hotel offering great transport links to both Edinburgh and Glasgow, it's the ideal choice for nature lovers who also hope to explore central Scotland's biggest cities. However, one of its greatest charms is its peaceful location and 75 acres of private garden within the gorgeous bounds of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park.”