Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Whisky Tour Break - Lakes Distillery
Ticket to Lakes Distillery
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine in your room on arrival
Packed lunch and walking maps
Advance Purchase Anytime Bed and Breakfast
An attractive and painstakingly refurbished Grade II listed building right on the outskirts of the Lake District National Park, the Ennerdale Country House Hotel is perfect for countryside retreats. The hotel boasts 30 individually designed ensuite bedrooms, ornate hallways, fireplaces and ceilings and five acres of tranquil landscaped gardens, complete with Italian fountains.
Guests can enjoy exploring excellent nearby attractions, from wonderful walks through the countryside to peaceful strolls in the beautiful seaside town of St. Bees. Other top choices in the area include the Muncaster Castle Gardens and Owl Centre, Ravenglass and Eskdale Miniature Steam Railway and the Maryport Aquarium.
After a day soaking up the beauty of the Lakeland Fells, guests can retire to the charming Fountain Room Restaurant for excellent views of the hotel's gardens and an à la carte menu. Another great place to relax and enjoy a drink is the hotel's welcoming bar and lounge.
Where is the Ennerdale Country House Hotel?
Northern Lakes, Cleator, CA23 3DT, United Kingdom
Approach via the A595, towards Whitehaven. The hotel is approximately 85 miles from Liverpool John Lennon airport.
What’s worth visiting in Cleator?
- Ravenglass and Eskdale Miniature Steam Railway - Take a journey from Ravenglass to Dalegarth past seven request stops on the steam railway. Witness some brilliant views and find out about the trains as you travel.
- Lake District Wildlife Park - See over 100 species of animal including birds of prey and everything from Anacondas to Zebras. A great family day out!
- Muncaster Castle Gardens and Owl Centre – Tour a grand, old castle and get up close and personal with local birds.
- Lake District Summer Music: July – A lovely summer music festival that's packed with performances and also coaching sessions, making it as popular with musicians as it is with audiences.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Guests can look forward to dining in the comfortable and classy Fountain Room Restaurant, which boasts lovely views of the landscaped gardens and an à la carte menu of classic British dishes. There's also a welcoming hotel bar and lounge, ideal for a nightcap or relaxing drink.
Breakfast: 07:00 – 09:00 (weekdays), 07:30 – 09:30 (weekends)
Lunch: 12:00 – 14:00 (weekdays),12:00 – 21:00 (Saturday), Sunday Carvery 12:00 – 14:00
Dinner: 17:00 – 21:00
Features at a glance
- 30 individually styled rooms
- Peaceful location on outskirts of the Lake District
- Dine in the Fountain Room restaurant
- Pet friendly hotel
- 24 hour room service
- Complimentary WiFi throughout
- Free parking available
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 15:00, check out by 11:00
- Disabled access rooms available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for the four-poster bridal suite and family rooms, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Discover the beauty of the Lake District from the comfort of a 3-star hotel located within five acres of tranquil landscaped gardens. The Ennerdale Country House Hotel is nestled right on the outskirts of the Lake District National Park, making it a popular choice for nature lovers and keen hikers. It also boasts a lovely restaurant and easy access to popular coastal towns like St. Bees, Whitehaven and Workington.”