Exclusive Late Deal
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on one evening
Anytime Bed and Breakfast
Anytime Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Step back in time and admire the ivy covered exteriors of the BEST WESTERN Moffat House Hotel that dates back to the late 1700s. The impressive country mansion is set in the charming town of Moffat in the south of Scotland and is surrounded by pretty gardens and a peaceful courtyard.
Moffat was formerly a Victorian spa town, and still retains its historic charm, with tree-lined streets and old-worldly country buildings. The town is a great base for a walking break, with the Southern Upland Way going through it and scenic countryside surroundings to explore.
The hotel’s restaurant, The Hopetoun Restaurant, serves up traditional dishes with a modern twist and has won a spat of awards, making it one of the most popular in the area. For more informal bar meals and light snacks, guests can visit the Adam Lounge Bar.
Where is BEST WESTERN Moffat House Hotel?
High Street, Moffat G10 9HL
From Edinburgh, follow the A7 to A701 in Midlothian and then follow the A701 to The Brae/B7026 in Milton Bridge. From here, drive to A701 into Moffat. From Glasgow take the M74 and A74 (M) to A701 in Dumfries and Galloway, then take exit 15 from A74 (M). At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A701.
What’s worth visiting in Moffat, Dumfries & Galloway?
- Moffat Museum –Recently refurbished and free to enter, the Moffat Museum details the history of the town through various exhibitions for children and adults alike.
- The Southern Upland Way - The Southern Upland Way is Britain's first official coast to coast long-distance footpath. It runs 212 miles from Portpatrick on the south west coast to Cockburnspath in the east. Part of the route runs through Moffat, offering a scenic country trail.
- Crawick Multiverse – Opened in July 2015, this major land restoration project has transformed a former open cast coal mine into a 55 acre art-land.
- The Burns Heritage Trail – From his birthplace in Alloway (Ayrshire) to his grave in Dumfries, the area is abound with locations and attractions linked to Scotland’s national bard.
What is there to eat and drink at the hotel?
Dine in the traditional surroundings of The Hopetoun Restaurant. Serving classic dishes with a contemporary twist, the restaurant is a favourite with tourists and locals alike and has won several awards for its good food and service. More informal meals are available in the Adam Lounge Bar, along with light snacks and a selection of drinks.
Breakfast: 07:00 - 09:30
Lunch: 12:00 - 15:00
Dinner: 18:00 - 21:00
Features at a glance:
- Located on Moffat High Street
- 18th century country mansion
- Surrounded by gardens and a courtyard
- Traditional interiors
- The Hopetoun Restaurant
- Adam Lounge Bar
- Free car parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 14:00, check out by 11:00
- Disabled access rooms available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for family rooms or suites, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“The pretty town of Moffat is great for a short break in Dumfriesshire. With plenty of quaint shops and cafés and great surrounding walking routes, it’s easy to spend a few idle days pottering around this lovely part of Scotland."