A bottle of Champagne on arrival
Dinner on One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine in your room on arrival
A packed lunch on one day
New Year Break
New Year Offer
Built in 1837 and beautifully renovated and updated, Stonefield Castle offers a fantastic 4-star stay on Argyll's famous Kintyre peninsula. The hotel has 32 exceptional en-suite bedrooms, many featuring fabulous views of Loch Fyne or the hotel's expansive gardens, and a very distinct, Highland character.
Explore the 60 acres of woodland grounds and gardens surrounding the hotel, have a go at the nearby Tarbert Golf Club, pay a visit to Loch Lomond and The Trossachs or simply luxuriate in a peaceful, countryside retreat.
When it's time to dine, guests can take a seat in the hotel's wonderful AA Rosette awarded restaurant and sample a wide variety of Scottish cuisines accompanied by a selection of fine wines. For a nightcap or peaceful afternoon drink, there's also the welcoming bar, which boasts more than 50 malt whiskies for sampling.
Where is Stonefield Castle Hotel?
Loch Fyne, Tarbert PA29 6YJ
Approach via the A82 Loch Lomond Road, switching to the A83 where the castle can be found two miles north of Tarbert between Lochgilphead and Campbeltown. The nearest train station is Oban, which is 60 miles away.
What’s worth visiting in Tarbert?
- Tarbert Golf Club - This 9-hole course is located in a scenic spot and is ideal for both casual and more experienced golfers.
- Tarbert Castle - Overlooking the harbour, Tarbert Castle is a great place to learn more about the history of the Argyll region.
- The Kintyre Way Walk - Enjoy stunning views of Loch Fyne and its surroundings on this walk from Tarbert to Skipness.
- Fishing – Relax, unwind and partake in a little seasonal fishing - Tarbert East Pier and Loch Fyne offer great fishing spots.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Offering wonderful views over Loch Fyne, the hotel's AA Rosette restaurant serves the finest Scottish cuisine, beautifully complemented by a carefully selected wine list.
After dining, guests can retire to the cosy hotel bar, which boasts a selection of more than 50 malt whiskies and a beautiful, Baronial setting.
Breakfast: 07:30 – 10:00
Lunch: Bar menu 12:00 – 20:45, 14:00 – 20:45 (Sunday)
Dinner: 18:30 – 20:45
Features at a glance
- 32 tastefully decorated en-suite bedrooms
- AA Rosette awarded restaurant
- Set in 60 acres of woodland gardens
- Ideally located for exploring Argyll
- Panoramic views over Loch Fyne
- Pets welcome, £10 charge per stay
- Complimentary WiFi throughout
- Free car parking available
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 15:00, check out by 11:00.
- Disabled access rooms available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for Loch or Garden View rooms, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Always dreamed of spending the night in a grand, Scottish castle? Then Stonefield Castle is the perfect pick! A wonderful example of Scottish Baronial architecture and boasting more than 60 acres of gorgeous woodland and well-tended gardens, the hotel is a truly magical experience and a top choice for romantic breaks in Argyll.”