A bottle of Champagne on arrival
Dinner on One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine in your room on arrival
Activity Break - Orkney Tour
Includes a ferry trip from John O'Groats to Orkney
Anytime Bed and Breakfast
The Royal Hotel is a traditional Highland hotel located in the centre of Thurso, Scotland’s most northern mainland town. Its 103 rooms are all decorated to a high standard with dark wooden furnishings and all have free WiFi.
Thurso is known for its nearby world class water sports and exceptionally beautiful scenery. The hotel sits in the centre of the town, close to many restaurants, cafés and shops.
The hotel has two food offerings, the Orkney Restaurant and MacNabs Bar. Both provide a relaxed atmosphere, hearty food and an extensive wine list.
Where is The Royal Hotel?
Traill Street, Thurso, Caithness KW14 8EH
From Inverness, follow the A9 to Thurso or you can take the train from Inverness.
What’s worth visiting in Thurso?
- Thurso to Dunnet Head Route – A challenging coastal walking or cycle route, it takes you to the UK’s most northerly point, along impressive sandstone cliffs with epic views of the sea and the island of Hoy beyond.
- Caithness Horizons – This museum houses a permanent exhibition of the area, from the geological period known as the Devonian (about 416 to 359 million years ago) to the present day.
- The Castle And Gardens Of Mey – This five star attraction was bought by the Queen Mother, making it the most northerly inhabited castle in the UK. Today its interiors and well-kept gardens make a top attraction in the area.
- Thurso East – Thurso East is Scotland’s prime surfing spot, hosting many local and international competitions. It is also a great spot for other water sports as well as simply enjoying the scenery.
What is there to eat and drink at the hotel?
The hotel’s Orkney Restaurant is decorated with modern furnishings and has both an à la carte and table d’hôte menu to choose from. Serving a variety of dishes, there is plenty to choose from and both menus are complimented by the extensive wine list.
MACNABS offers a more informal dining environment with a selection of filling dishes and snacks.
Breakfast: 07:00 – 09:30
Dinner: 17:00 – 21:00
Features at a glance:
- Traditional Highland hotel
- Located in central Thurso
- Orkney Restaurant
- MacNabs Bar
- Free WiFi
- Free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 14:00, check out by 11:00
- To make a booking for family rooms or suites, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“For good food and an excellent location, choose The Royal Hotel for your break in Thurso. Its rooms are comfortable and come with everything you’ll need for a relaxing Highland break.”